Scientific Research is an important part of the academic activity at the Department of Veterinary Medicine of Sassari (DVMSS). The DVMSS Teaching Staff is involved in several local, national and international research projects in different fields of Veterinary Science based on an interdisciplinary approach. Research activities represent an important tool for lecturers. Students are also involved into research activities during the preparation of their final thesis for graduation.
The guidelines of the Research Activity of the DMVSS aim to:
- promote interdisciplinarity and internationalization, integration and synergy among different Scientific Disciplinary Sectors and the creation of interdepartmental, national, and international networks;
- achievement of common objectives and projects set up in order to improve the quality of research and rationalization of resources;
- encourage research and educational interconnection in order to enhance scientific research to guarantee an up-to-date, qualified and aligned training;
- achieve objectives that meet the needs of the territory in which the Department operates to become a didactic and research reference model in the Mediterranean Area.
- achieve objectives that meet the needs of the territory in which the Department operates for the realization of a didactic and research reference model in the Mediterranean Area.