The master course in WMCC is aimed at creating the professional figure of “wildlife manager”, with general skills in the field of wildlife management and conservation, complemented by technical and managerial skills on specific issues related to the sustainable management of terrestrial and aquatic faunal resources.
- mechanisms regulating wildlife populations and affecting their interaction with humans,
- field and laboratory protocols to monitor wildlife (presence, abundance, health, behaviour),
- measures of active management (reintroductions, translocations, numerical control)
- economic aspects in wildlife management and conservation
- decision-making processes in wildlife management and sanitary control,
- practice with counting, capturing and manipulating wildlife species,
- practice with laboratory methods in population genetics, epidemiology and parasitology,
- experience in foreign institutions managing wildlife.